Saturday, April 19, 2008

What's Your Worth?

I've never really thought about how much I am worth. Most folks I know measure it in dollars. How much you have in stocks, properties and other investments all add value to your worth. I don't have much in my 401k, only a small retirement so far, no stocks, and barely enough left in my bank account each month to enjoy a family fun night at the movies. But today as I passed by the Duluth Church of God I was humbled, excited, and awe stricken all at once. Their sign this week reads "Your worth to God, His own son". WOW! I had never really thought about it like that. I am worth so much to God that he allowed His only son to die so that I could find my way to Him. As a mom I can't imagine giving up the life of my child to save another person, but that's exactly what He did. I'm not sure I'll ever really comprehend it while I am here on earth, but I will forever be grateful that God thinks I am worth that much. You're worth that much too!

2 comments:

~Kim~ said...

WOW! I love it! You are so right, people always view their status and worth as how much they make or have. God could care less and I wonder if it hurts Him when people don't see their worth as He see's it and now how you see it?

Mama G said...

That's awesome! Our lives would be different if we could get to the point where we see ourselves as God sees us. Miss ya!