Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's All About Me

Today is finally my day! No, it wasn't Mother's Day because neither of my *ahem* wonderful children got me anything. That's right, not a present, not a card, not even an acknowledgement. Both of them however enjoyed eating out along side me when I took my own mom out and presented her with a present and a card. Ok, enough whining. Here is why it is my day...

I am a C.H.A.M. That means I passed my test and am now officially a Certified Healthcare Access Manager. The test was harder than I originally thought and yes, it took me a second time to pass. What makes it so great is that I am the first one at my hospital to have this certification. Yep, of the 4000+ employees I am the only one who is a CHAM. I get to add some initials to my email signature. I get to have my name printed in the NAHAM (National Association of Healthcare Access Managers) Directory and not everyone there has this certification. I get a certificate for framing and pin to wear on my name badge. I feel special.

Sure today Matt found out the girl he has been dreaming about is finally single and yes I am excited that Andrew got a 92 on his math notebook (previous quarters have not seen the notebook grade above a 70), but today is mine. I'll celebrate them tomorrow, right now, it's all about me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom said that's great, but your big accomplishment in life is having her for an aunt. Also, where is she on your blog? When is favorite aunt day??? (I tried to explain your it's MY day blog, but she clearly doesn't get it...)

~Kim~ said...

You're the bomb baby!!! Congrats on such a great accomplishment. You deserve to take more than a day to take for yourself and SHAME on those boys for not gving or saying anything to you on Mother's day!!!

Anonymous said...

Lori, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy to hear of your accomplishment! You are one phenomenal lady!

Deanna said...

Is that why you only comment on blogs at like 1am??? You've been studying?

Great job! I'm impressed. Maybe just inspired enough to study for the Project Management certification...

Nah...