Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Broken Hearted

Have you ever admired or respected someone? Have you ever wished you had people skills like someone else or that special repoire that makes everyone want to be around you? Have you wished you could take back a day and have a do over?

Monday was that day for me and the President of the Touchdown Club was that person. We've had a rotten season as far as W-L go, and worse we've got some bad apples spoiling the bunch of good boys. Funds are dramatically low and unless we find some green somewhere we are going to take this debt into the next year/season. I understand every Touchdown Club Board member is feeling the stress. But does that give any right to one of them to yell and curse at another?

Monday night after the meeting I was speaking with another mother and we were privately sharing our dissatisfaction with something regarding the coaches. The president completely went nuts and began yelling and cursing at the both of us and said things that damaged my heart. After I tried explaining myself to no avail and seeing the absolute hatred in his eyes I left to avoid any further confrontation. It was an explosive situation that did no good for any of those involved.

Please be in prayer I can let this go and let God handle it.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I'm so sorry Lori, and will definitely pray for all involved, including the kids/players.

Anonymous said...

Well that's REALLY crappy!!! I don't think I like that man at ALL!!!!!