Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ahh the silence

That's what happens if you lose your cell phone charger and the battery finally dies. I thought I was really going to miss the ring tones, message alerts, and text requests from my sons about what's for dinner, when will I be home, and can I have some money to go here and there.

I'll probably panic if my car breaks down, I have a flat, or it gets stolen. I mean have you even seen a pay phone these days? But that wouldn't help either since I never have change thanks to my trusty debit card that even McDonald's will take when I get a $1 sausage biscuit.

But then I think...my mother hasn't called me in four days...ah the silence. No worries, I mean she is alive, she has email and I have thus been contacted with jokes and chain mails.

I also bought a cell phone charger that works in the car today, but don't tell anyone, especially my family. I'm going to enjoy the silence a bit longer.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

must. find. lori's. home. phone. number...