Friday, January 4, 2008

We Are Rock Stars!

Yes, Matt, Andrew and I are ROCK STARS! In fact, we are great at being Bon Jovi, Boston, or even The Ramones. Now when someone tells me I sound like Garbage, I'll take it as a compliment since I have the high score on their song I Think I'm Paranoid.

Here's how it started...for Christmas the boys surprised me with a store bought gift (yes, this is the first time they have ever given me something they bought with their own money). They got me SingStar 80's. It's a game for the PlayStation where you sing into a microphone and it scores you on whether or not you sing it properly. Well, they made the mistake of getting the 80's version, because they knew I'd like it, and they were right. Of course I totally KILLED them on the score, because I knew all the songs. Then I was hooked. I started looking for cheat codes online because I wanted to unlock more songs to sing. Yes, I said it, out loud, in my blog, and to my children...I am a cheater, and I need the codes. Sadly, SingStar has no cheat codes to unlock more songs.

Anyway, while online I found another game, Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol. OMG!! I always wanted to be on that show, and of course based on my shower singing I am qualified. So I spent the $20 for the game because this one lets you go from the audition room, to Hollywood, and you get feedback from the judges, and yes it's really Simon and if you don't sing well he will tell you. Anyway, I was up until midnight last night but I finally won and I am your 2008 American Idol now. Thanks in part to the Captain and Tennille who proved that while Love Can Keep Us Together, it can also make me an American Idol. I was rewarded with trophies, and I unlocked more songs, videos, and characters. I am good, in fact I have 23 platinum records now. I really think I might need to go to Hollywood. I've also cured my need to cheat...I'm so good on this game stuff unlocks based on my score, no need to enter codes.

The boys had also been talking about the game called Rock Band. So once again we used money given to us for Christmas (courtesy of my brother) to get this game. This one has a guitar, a drum set and a microphone. So we've got Andrew on the wireless guitar, Matt banging the drums, and I am belting lyrics. We've started our World Tour, right from our living room. And we are good. You should hear the crowd, sure they're animated, but they LOVE us!

These games are so much fun, I recommend them to everyone. Even if you can't sing, you'll love them, because you can just hum and get the points, you don't even have to sing the right words, just sing something close and you're credited. It's a total ego booster. OK, I've got to get back to the living room, I mean studio, we are about to perform another song. If you'd like to book us for an event, call our agent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! We will have to play on a "break" on Sunday!! It sounuds like something the Dowell's would LOVE to play!!! Makenna thinks she can sing better than anyone! Sounuds like a good family fun night!

Deanna said...

This sounds awesome, and bet your rock concerts are the coolest!! I left a comment a few days ago, and maybe forgot to click PUBLISH because I am reeeal smaarrrt and good with a computer.

I was disappointed that you already have an agent.

Also disappointed that I got your Christmas card back in the mail. Email me your new address, will ya?

D

Anonymous said...

Well written article.