Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Weekend Getaway




Back at Christmas I had mentioned to the boys we should get away on MLK weekend since they would be out of school. I thought we'd head to North Carolina and visit my dad who now lives in Cary near Raleigh-Durham. Well work forced me to cancel my Monday day off plans, and then last Thursday they changed gears again and decided I could be off. Then it snowed here Saturday so I thought we'd be content to hang out in Georgia, but on Sunday after church was canceled we decided to head for Maggie Valley in North Carolina and take in some fun with snow. It was VERY cold Sunday night when the boys were tubing, but Monday was beautiful as Matt and I watched Andrew snowboard for the first time ever at Cataloochee Ski Area. We had a blast. It was only a three hour drive and we even found a cheap hotel and a great place to eat - Peter's Pancakes & Waffles.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Looks like you had so much fun! One year you guys will have to come out here and try snowmobiling! I went for the first time over Christmas and it was incredible! I think I've found my new love :)

Deanna said...

Oooh, yes, snowmobiling definitely fun - but tubing in the snow looks awesome! Maybe you could tube behind a snowmobile!

The possibilities.

And thank you, now I have to go make pancakes. Or waffles.

Glad you had fun - what an adventure!